Saturday, September 5, 2009

The Logistics of 4

So I am officially the mother of FOUR kiddos now. Which, I am finding requires a new level of expertise.
I took the kids back to school clothes shopping last Monday. (by myself) So, we all bundled into the minivan and drove to Target. The first obstacle was getting our stroller into the car, but once I managed to wrestle it in, we got on our way. The first few minutes went fine. I was pushing the stroller and Anarosa was pushing the shopping cart. We managed to find a couple of outfits for both of our school girls. At that point little Mr. Jay decided that he was STARVING and wanted to eat NOW. Of cource Jacob decides that he has to go to the bathroom at the exact same time, and no he absolutely cannot wait. So off we go with a cart a stroller, a screaming baby and a dancing four year old to go find the bathroom.
Okay, so we get that over with and Jay absolultely does not want the bottle. (Since it's been sitting in the diaper bag for over an hour, I'm going to trust his judgement on that.) So we have enough clothes to cover us for the first part of school, although we haven't tried any of them on, so now we rush through the shoe department and try to get something that will fit everyone. Much to Anarosa's disappointment they did not have "furry boots" in her size. (Aparently it is impossible to go to third grade without furry boots). But we got tennis shoes for everone, in sizes that I'm pretty sure will fit.
So now we're running late to get back to the apartments so that Mark can start his maintence work, and no one has had lunch (Jay's still crying). And it's time to get in the check out line. Now we begin the realy fun game of let's ask mom for anything/everything. Mom can I have......? The answer is always no. I'm just trying to find the shortest check out line, and find my ATM card and hold fussing Jay and make sure that Anarosa doesn't run into anyone with the cart, and I don't have time to look at everything you happen to see on the way. NO!!! (seriously why would you WANT an electronic poker game?) So we finally get checked out and as I'm paying Alana walks up with a small hand held fan with candy in the bottom of it. No... Ten seconds later, umm, Mom......I think it's stuck in my hair. What??? Yes, indeed the fan and the candy are firmly affixed to my six-year-old's head. So now the check out lady is trying very hard not to laugh, because I have officially become THAT LADY. (you know the one who is holding the fussy baby pushing a cart, pulling a stroller and leading the child with a fan stuck to her head to the customer service desk to find a pair of scissors to cut the fan out with!)

1 comment:

Corinne - Copyright 2013 PontiusFamilyUpdates All Rights Reserved said...

Ahh! It's a good thing the lady was laughing otherwise you wouldn't have been. I've noticed that really helps me if other strangers find it comical!