Wednesday, April 9, 2008

April Showers

And speaking of Jacob, the little stinker……

I took the day off yesterday, and naturally didn’t get around to taking a shower until mid-morning. Jacob heard the water and immediately wanted to get into the shower with me. I’m not sure what came over me, but I didn’t particularly want to share my shower, so I said no. Now once I’ve said “no” I’ve painted myself into a corner. There was pleading and wining and crying. But I held firm, (on principal) I had said no and I meant no.

Jacob went away but came back about a minute later, and knocked on the bathroom door, “Can I come in mommy’s shower” “no” knocking on the shower curtain, “Can I come in the shower” “No” Now, he does his version of whistling at me – Which is really just yelling Whoo, wooo woot! “NO!”

He goes away again, and about 30 seconds later comes back.
“I have to go to the bathroom.”
(we’re trying to potty train)
“okay”
“I need help taking my pants off”
“okay” (pants come off)
“I need to take my diaper off”
“okay” (diaper comes off)
“I need to take my shirt off”
“no just leave it on”
“I can’t I have to go potty NOW!”
“all right” (shirt comes off)
“I don’t have to go potty anymore, I’m ready for my shower”

Needless to say I got out of the shower, and Jacob got in. I’m not exactly sure, but I think he earned it.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

that's cute. and it sounds totally like him too. well i always knew he was a momma's boy. momma's kid just seems to run in Parry blood dosen't it?



~Sarah(i haven't gotten my own account yet. But soon i will!)

Unknown said...

Jacob seems to be a very smart three year old. Wait till he his old enough to want to drive. Hopefully, without a diaper to first be removed.

Kites? reminds me of the Moody Blues song called "The Other Side of Life". I don't know why -- just does.

Love, Dad

Corinne - Copyright 2013 PontiusFamilyUpdates All Rights Reserved said...

I think he definetly earned his shower! That is so cute!!
Love,
Corinne