Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Our New Friend


We have officially adopted a caterpillar. The girls found a caterpillar in a bunch of flowers that were in Mark's office at church. They REALLY wanted to keep him for a pet, so we sacrificed on of my canning jars to make him a little home.
I was a little worried since, we've tried to do caterpillars before, but they never survive more than a day or two. This little guy has been here for three days and seems to be doing well. He certainly can eat!!
The kids decided to call him Stripedy (pronounced stripe-ed-eee).

2 comments:

Corinne - Copyright 2013 PontiusFamilyUpdates All Rights Reserved said...

Now that is my kind of pet! Consider yourself lucky they are satisfied with that!

Heather Oakman said...

Yeah, everytime they want something bigger, I just tell them it's "against the rules." I know it's bad, but it saves my sanity.