Monday, November 12, 2012

Have you ever had one of those weeks?? This is really just a long excuse for not posting any of the menu or theme ideas we did throughout this past week! For one thing my camera mysteriously disappeared. (I finally found it yesterday) Plus, this particular pregnancy has proven to be a bit more challenging. (Meaning most days I get home from work and fall flat on my face on the couch until the next morning – when I have to get back up again for work. This plan does not work as well as might be hoped when you have four other children.) And then on Thursday my three-year-old threw a video game thingy at my nine-year-old and sheared off 2/3 of her front permanent tooth! The older I get the more these things through me for a loop. I’m staring at her tooth trying desperately to remember my EMT classes from ummm…. fifteen years ago, and trying to figure out what to do with a screaming kido who is hopping up and down holding her tooth in her hand. Fortunately we have the best dentist in the whole world (and his home phone number) and he very calmly talked me through keeping the tooth, calming the child, icing her lip, and giving her ibeprofen. The next morning he glued her tooth right back on!

The next day (and yes, I know its not nearly as important as the whole tooth thing) I spent an hour trying to figure out why my Dyson was no longer working. It turns out that a Dyson does in fact loose suction, if you put a three inch super hero into it’s inner intake tube. It did however, take me an hour to take apart the entire vacuum cleaner to find it. And it took my husband an additional hour to get it back out. The great part about this is that when we finally got my three-year-old to explain how on earth he managed to get the super hero into the vacuum cleaner, he very calmly showed us how you had to take certain parts off of the vacuum cleaner in order to put the toy in! I’m seriously considering military school for a certain three-year-old!!! Did I mention it is a Dyson!

So, I’m starting fresh this week. And my appolgoies for not posting the theme and the menu earlier.

The menu for this week is:  November 12

And the theme is:  Turkeys



Here’s to another week, and hopefully a less eventful one.

1 comment:

Corinne - Copyright 2013 PontiusFamilyUpdates All Rights Reserved said...

Sounds like a fun and tiring week. And as for falling flat on your face - I feel your pain! I'm super tired this time.