Tuesday, October 28, 2008

The Long and Short of it...

Monday morning I was determined to turn over a new leaf. I spent Sunday evening making homemade cherry muffins for breakfast the next morning. I prepped a lunch for Mark and Jacob to eat during the day. I was going to be organized and we were going to have a nutritious, well-organized morning with no unpleasantness!!

Of course as soon as the alarm went off things started going wrong. Anarosa would NOT get up, because she had gotten to sleep later than usual (because she was busy crying that she was missing all the “fun” - people were coming to our house to pick up campaign signs and she had to go to bed). She finally got up and into the shower, but when she got out she still had a big blob of conditioner in her hair. She insisted that she had rinsed it out already and under no condition would she get back in the shower again! So of course I had to insist (it really was a big blob) and so she finally got back into the shower for a total of five seconds and then got out again. I decided maybe this was the time for natural consequences and stopped pushing the issue.

Next everyone complained about the breakfast. Nobody wanted cherry muffins, and scrambled eggs were just insulting, fresh fruit? - what was I thinking? So two out of three drank their orange juice and nothing else. To top it all off, I realized we had forgotten a math page from Anarosa’s homework packet so she had to sit at the table and finish doing the last page of homework.

Now, it’s really time to get going. Alana decides to throw a fit because she’s NOT taking a bath (she washed her hair last night) and runs around the house refusing to get dressed or brush her hair. Well, I finally catch her and get her dressed. Then Anarosa starts complaining that she can’t find her pants. By this point I’m getting a little exasperated but calmly walk back into her room to help her find pants. There are no pants….period, she has one pair of short shorts in her baskets, but that is it. So… I go downstairs and check the dryer, none there. I check the washer, none there either. I even check the dirty laundry pile, nope, all of her pants were dirty or had been packed up for the daddy-daughter campout this weekend and got dirty because they all got shoved into the same backpack and had dirt all over them.

This morning is not going well. We finally end up rushing everyone into the car. Anarosa wearing her shirt, undies, socks and shoes and drive all the way to Union City to Walmart to buy pants!! Then we had to turn around and drive all the way back to Castro Valley to get them to school!

And to top it all off, I forgot to pack up Mark and Jacob’s lunch so we ended up eating lunch at McDonald’s anyway. And the homework that I had Anarosa finish – was left on the kitchen table….

1 comment:

Corinne - Copyright 2013 PontiusFamilyUpdates All Rights Reserved said...

Oh my goodness what a day!!! I can just picture her in the car with no pants on- it is kinda funny- sorry!
The homework she had to panic over left on the table- that is just classic frustration right there!!
I would have loved your muffins and scrambled eggs- just so you know!!