Wednesday, October 1, 2008

October 1st

Well, this week has been fun. I am having a crazy time at work. We are moving offices and September 30 is the end of our grant’s fiscal year. So all of the fiscal reports are due about this time. Mark has been called into court the next three Tuesdays (which is always a challenge for us since we have two school kids on different schedules, the court date, my work and only one car!!)
Jacob wasn’t feeling well yesterday. He’s usually a pretty accommodating little guy, but he gets grumpy when he’s not feeling well. Apparently he yelled at Danny (the guy who does the maintenance at the apartment complex) Luckily Danny has four kids of his own, so he understood sick little boys. By the time I picked him up to drop Daddy off at court he was warm and of course he threw up in the car on the way to pick up Anarosa from school!! When we got home I took his temperature and it was 103!! So he spent most of the rest of the day in bed (which was just fine with him!) I tried to give him something to take the edge off of his fever, but he wouldn’t have anything to do with it, so I just let him sleep it off. He woke up this morning feeling great!
Anarosa was cute this morning. She asked me what day it was, and I told her “Wednesday”
and she said “No, what DAY is it??”
“October 1st.”
“Oh, I knew it was something special”

So to everyone out there, Happy First Day of October!

2 comments:

Corinne - Copyright 2013 PontiusFamilyUpdates All Rights Reserved said...

That's so cute! The 1st is always exciting because you get to turn the Calendar page and then it looks like you don't have much to do. That never lasts long! I'm glad Jacob is feeling better!

Janae said...

Bummer Jacob was sick! I hate it when my kids have the flu. Maybe yours caught it from mine over the computer, since I was just talking about it. Ha.

Your kids are so cute, Heather! I hope we can see you soon. :)