Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Tag!

Katie tagged me! So here's my list of 7 things you may not know about me….

1. My favorite food in the whole world is cheesecake (okay, many of you know that about me) At my last job, they knew if I’d had a particularly hard day if I came back from lunch with an entire cheesecake and wasn’t sharing!

2. I used to be an Emergency Medical Technician. I went to Chabot and got my EMT certification. It expired when I was on my mission and I never recertified. I loved it! But they didn’t pay much more than minimum wage. I considered going on to get my paramedic license but got married and had kids instead!

3. I love to read. It was hard when I first had kids, but since I’ve discovered on-line classics I’ve been hooked. Just about anything that is out of copyright you can read free online. I found a site I really liked and started with the A’s. I’m working on the B’s now (including short stories there were over 200 titles starting with A)

4. I ALWAYS get lost. I have been lost in every major city I have ever driven in. (Including the city I grew up in!). I’m getting better, the best thing to come along in a long time is yahoo driving directions, but I still manage to get myself turned around and going in the wrong direction. However, I have always come back, and I find this encouraging.

5. I can never find my keys. I’m forever loosing them and my husband Mark has to find them for me. I always keep on the good side of the maintenance personnel at work because they have to unlock my office for me every time I loose them. Mark and I have an inside joke that I can never leave him….I’d never be able to find my keys to go!

6. I love poetry. Dr. Seuss and Henry Wadsworth Longfellow are my two favorites!

7. I love to do crafts. Having three kids works out well for me because people don’t think I’m nearly as strange when they walk in the house and there is a construction paper rainforest on the living room walls and a paper pirate ship in the hallway! I used to do a different theme with the kids each week, but since we’ve moved out of the apartment and into the house we haven’t done very much. (too many windows, not enough wall space, and well it’s too nice to tape things onto.) So last week, I cleaned out some space in our unfinished basement and now we have a “craft cave” under the house. Woo hoo!!

3 comments:

Katie said...

I loved reading those facts about you! I'm always getting lost too...in fact, my kids have now started asking me, "Mommy, are we lost?" "Do you know where you're going" "Are you sure?" Which just makes it that much harder for me to concentrate and find my way! I love Dr. Seuss too! Children's books are my weakness...I get way more excited about books than my kids...hopefully some of my enthusiasm will eventually rub off on them!

Corinne - Copyright 2013 PontiusFamilyUpdates All Rights Reserved said...

I loved reading all this! I didn't know if you were a reader or not. I am just recently! In fact you should get a Goodreads account so we can compare!
Alex used to ask if we were lost and then say "Let's get out of this place!" as if we were in some scary place! He even did this at Costco!
I also have to appologize to Katie. I got tagged and while I was thinking of what my answers would be Kelly had her baby and I totally forgot. So I'll do it soon after every one gets a chance to see the baby pictures!

Heather Oakman said...

That's so funny, I've been on Good Reads for a while. I can't remember my user name, but I'll email it to you when I get a chance!