Thursday, March 14, 2013

Flank Steak w/ Avocado Salsa

Tonight's Dinner was Flank Steak with Avacado Salsa, Rice, and Green Beans (but I used Broccoli!)

I also added a bit of fruit salad, since I had a ton left over from lunch!

For the rice, I just used 3 cups of water and 1 1/2 cups of medium grain rice; I added 1 chicken bullion cube, 1/2 tsp. garlic powder, 1/4 tsp. paprika and 1 Tbsp. butter. Once it came to a boil I simmered it for 20 minutes and added chopped cilantro and chopped fresh oregeno.

I followed the recipe as written for the flank steak and the avacado salsa. To my suprise it came out too spicey for my family (I'm usually the only one who doesn't like spicey food at my house!) So, if you may want to start out with less red pepper flakes in the spice rub and in the salsa, and add more as you go!

If you'd like the full menu, you can down load a pdf of it on the "Menus" tab at the top of the blog!!

No comments: