Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Taco Salad

Tonight's dinner was a hit. It got four stars from my ten-year-old (who has never given any recipe, besides frozen corn dogs, more than two stars!)

Tonight's menu was:

Taco Salad
Corn
Rice

First, I started the rice and the corn as the two side dishes.
Next I fixed a platter of all of the 'fixins' for the taco salad (shredded cheese, sour cream, limes, lettuce & tomato).
Then I heated up the refried beans.
Next I cooked one pound of ground beef and added store bought taco seasoning.

I took flour tortillas and fried them in about 3/4 " of vegetable oil for about thirty seconds on each side. (I just fried them in a non-stick skillet on the stove top)
This was my kids favorite part of the recipe, since they like to watch them puff up while they cook!!

I gave everyone a fried tortilla, and let them build their own taco salad!!!


No comments: