Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Lakes and Ponds

So this week our theme is "Lakes and Ponds." Today we went to Lake Chabot to explore the lake and little creek.  My three-year-old had an ipod that he could use to take pictures of any animals that he saw at the lake. I was pretty impressed with some of the shots he got!
 This one is of four turles on a log in the middle of the water.
 A Goose.

Two ducks. (The second one is in the lower right hand corner.)
We also tried to take pictures of the some of the bugs we saw (but they didn't come out too well). And he also took a picture of a dog (I did say to take pictures of the animals!)

Once we got back, I printed out a simple book for him to put together. The cover had our picture on it and a title.
Each page had a sentance for him to dictate the end of, and then he drew a picture to illustrate it.

My Trip to Lake Chabot
At Lake Chabot I saw______. A turkey that popped his eyes out.
(note: there are wild turkeys at Lake Chabot - but we didn't see any today)
I also saw____. My mommy.
My favorite part was____. Going around in circles.
Next time I want to ____. Kill the bad guys (sorry, we're going through a serious super-hero phase...we think a lot about protecting people from bad guys)
The End!


No comments: