Monday, December 17, 2012

The Christmas Story

I know I posted this week's theme on Saturday. But, I really wanted to do my Christmas Story theme this week instead (the pdf wasn't quite ready to post last Saturday, so I posted the Christmas theme instead).
The week leading up to Christmas, I like to focus on my family's religious beliefs about Christmas. I use this week to reinforce the values that are important to me. Faith, service to others, kindness etc. The weekly plan is a little different. I've added a Bible verse for each day, as well as a "Giving Project" for each day.
If you'd like to join us here is the link:

Of course if you have different religious beliefs or traditions, you can always substitute your own, or use the more generic "Christmas" theme that I posted earlier!

Today's projects focused on the Star of Bethlehem. Our favorite was, of course, making star cookies:
It's hard to see in the picture, but we decided to make our stars green! It was the only food coloring we had left!!
And of course the other kids wanted to help as well!

One plate was for us to enjoy, and the other plate went to Elder and Sister Chaimberlain (two missionaries who are serving in our congregation, and who we absolutely love!!!!) It was a bit difficult at first for my three-year-old to give away any of the cookies, but it was easier to give them to people he likes so much! And for me, that's just fine. Learning to give and being generous is important to me, but it's also important to me, that we do it in a way that is fun, and that gives lots of postive feedback at this age.

No comments: