Wednesday, January 9, 2013

One of the things I like about having a pre-planned menu, is that it makes it easier for me to be flexible with dinner! We had pork chops tonight, but I switched out the side dishes. I usually print out a copy of the menu and put it on the refrigerator for the week. Then I cross off the dishes as I make them during that week. That way if I have to go out of order or switch something around, I can tell by looking what I have left to choose from (and I know I'll have the ingredients on hand!)

For tonight's dinner, I made pork chops. I bought boneless chops and pan fried them in a non-stick skillet. Then I put all of them in an 11"x 7" baking dish, covered them with foil and finished cooking them in a 350 degree oven. I have an electric thermometer that you can put into the food while it bakes, and see the read-out on the outside of the oven, so I just cooked them to 165 degrees and served.

The sides I "borrowed" from Sunday's dinner.

If you're interested you can click  on the menu tab at the top of the blog and download any of the weekly menus.


No comments: