Monday, January 28, 2013

Pear Bread

This morning's recipe was pear bread (I made it the night before!) The recipe link is below:


I made a few minor changes to the recipe when I made it. I didn't bother peeling the pears (I figure the skin has more nutrition in it, and it "melts" into the bread when it bakes, so you don't notice it - Plus it's a lot faster to make if you don't have to peel the pears!!)
I also left out the nuts, since my family doesn't paticularly like nuts, and I put in about a cup of chocolate chips instead.
The recipe does make two loaves. So, you can serve one and freeze the other. Or, serve one and suprise a friend/neighbor with the other. Or you can bake half the batter as bread (to serve or freeze) and the other other half as muffins (to serve or freeze) Whatever works best for you!!


No comments: