Monday, January 7, 2013

This morning's breakfast was waffles. I thought it would be a good back to school treat for the kidos who are headed back after Winter Break.
There's a great basic waffle recipe at all recipes.com if you'd like to make them from scratch, but making them from a mix is fine too!! Classic Waffles
I just had to include a picture, since my mother-in-law gave me a Winnie the Pooh and Tigger Waffle iron for our wedding, and it's still our favorite! Who doesn't love Winnie the Pooh pancakes in the morning!
I decided to go with fresh strawberries, but if they are hard to find or expensive you can always use frozen. I just put frozen fruit in a saucepan. Add a little sugar if necessary, and bring it to a low boil. Then I add a little cornstarch mixed in water, bring it back to a boil, and let it thicken up. Voila! Fruit topping!


2 comments:

Corinne - Copyright 2013 PontiusFamilyUpdates All Rights Reserved said...

Great ideas! I've missed checking your blog!! And I will have to call you today!

Janae said...

Oh that's so cute! I love the Pooh and Tigger waffles! Those would definitely be a big hit over here!